Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

~ Emily's BBQ Beef (Sloppy Joe) ~

One day Emily and I were looking for something for lunch and we thought of Sloppy Joes, we had ground beef and white bread but we had no Sloppy Joe mix, not even a can of Manwich, but we thought Hey! It’s really just BBQ Sauce and ground beef and we had enough spices to adjust it the way we like, so…

You Will Need:


2 - lbs Ground Beef
1 ½ - cups Head Country BBQ Sauce (made in Oklahoma)
1 - tsp Onion Powder
1 - dash or 2 of Salt
1 - dash or 2 of Pepper

Directions:

In a large skillet, brown ground beef until all the pink is gone (I like mine well done) drain fat, add salt pepper, and onion powder while stirring, add BBQ sauce and continue to stir over low heat for about 15 minutes. Serve over or on white bread, wheat bread, hamburger buns, or whatever you prefer. It’s even good on tortilla chips. We like Head Country BBQ Sauce because it’s a little sweet, they also have Spicy and Hickory Smoked. Peace and Good Eating.

8 Comments:

Blogger Babsbitchin said...

Can I get one please? Sounds pretty damn good and I'll have it with some cornbread, if you don't mind?

6:34 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

babs - i'm gonna have to take a break from thinking about all this food, i think i'm gaining weight in my head

8:48 AM  
Blogger Babsbitchin said...

chuck, I know what you mean, my ears are getting bigger too. I think it just moves down till your feet are real fat too, huh?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Babsbitchin said...

damn, I want some of this right now!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Di said...

What's not to love about bbq sauce called "Head Country"? It does sound good.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Babsbitchin said...

Di, you are so bad. I love it, hahaha!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

only in oklahoma would they name something head country

8:39 PM  
Blogger Babsbitchin said...

Sounds like something I'd eat, um, you know. lol

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home