Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mock Stroganoff

This is a recipe that'll cut the cost of beef tips but not take away from the rich flavor. I love it with mushroom buttons and slices,too!


1 Large can Cream of Mushroom Soup

16 oz. Sour Cream

1 Onion

1 bag Egg Noodles

1-2 cans Mushrooms

1+ lb Ground Beef

Garlic gloves chipped.
Pepper,Salt Garlic Salt


Brown ground beef in dutch oven.When almost done, add onion slices and garlic chips to partially cook. Drain grease. Add Cream of Mushroom soup, 3/4 soup can of milk,stir . Salt and pepper to taste. On a low heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Then, add Sour Cream, only after all other ingriediants are heated and mixed and Egg noodles are cooking. Stir and slow simmer for 5 more minutes . Cook egg noodles to ala Dente'.
Serve over Egg Noodles.

13 Comments:

Blogger Thebodytalk said...

Yummy...Yummy...love your blog...we need to know about real food for real people.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Chef Babs said...

thebodytalk, thanks. It's all knew and if you have a recipe for some real food, please let us know. Thanks, we need the encouragement! Please stop back!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous mary said...

Sounds delish...maybe I can contribute a cepi or two.

x0x

12:45 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Babs, this sounds great. I'm going to show this to my husband as he is the main cook around here. If we try it out,I'll let you know how it went.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

sounds like a weener!

3:15 AM  
Anonymous nyasha said...

love mushrooms. love noodles. sounds good to me.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Chef Babs said...

Mary, by all means, it is a must do! Thanks and I hope you have something to contribute!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Chef Babs said...

lynn, thanks and tell him to wear safety goggles. Well, that and nothing else is fun, right? lol
Let me know how it turns out and if hubby has a good recipe, please tell him to submit it.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Chef Babs said...

chuck, C'mon !!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Chef Babs said...

nyasha, it really does taste good. Got any recipes? We need that International flavor too!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous nyasha said...

just posted one this morning for spanish tortilla (my way though...) - making use of those leftover veg in the fridge! Feel free to take it/post it/abuse it/change it/play with it/and all of the above-
(btw, do you really need word veri here... it is driving me insane - maybe i need glasses)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Chef Babs said...

nyasha, thanks, I may creep in and abuse it, I mean steal it. I took the word verification off.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous It's Me... Maven said...

My mom used to make this... only she'd form the ground beef into balls first. Good eatin'.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home