Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Monte Creams


This Recipe is from Hannelie at http://brihans.blogspot.com She currently resides in Perth, Western Australia. Thanks a bunch Hannelie, this sounds great.

My children are on school holidays and this biscuit recipe comes to the rescue always, mainly because it's quick to make, they can help and it's nice and sweet, what more can a child want. I don't add the strawberry jam, it's optional. Hope you all enjoy. I found it long ago in my Australian Family Circle cook book, a commonsense guide.

Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking: 20 min
Makes: 25

125g (4oz) butter
½ cup (125g/4oz) caster sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 ½ cups (185g/6oz) self-raising flour
¼ cup (30g/1oz) custard powder
1/3 cup (30g/1oz) desiccated coconut

Filling:
75g (2 ½ oz) butter
2/3 cup (85g/3oz) icing sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1/3 cup (105g/3 ½ oz) strawberry jam – (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180C (350F/ Gas 4). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using electric beaters beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Add milk and beat until combined. Sift the flour and custard powder and add to the bowl with the coconut. Mix to form soft dough.
4. Roll two teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place on the trays and press with a fork. Dip the fork in custard powder occasionally to prevent it from sticking. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
5. To make the filling, beat the butter and sugar with electric beaters until light and creamy. Beat in the milk. Spread on biscuit with about half a teaspoon of the filling and one with about half a teaspoon of the jam, and sandwich the halves together.
6. These will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container.

(I don't believe that these would last even 1 day at my house, thanks again Hannelie)

5 Comments:

Blogger Hannelie said...

LOL, they didn't last longer than one day, all eaten!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Chef Babs said...

Hannelie, I bet they are all gone, sounds really yummy. My boys would've ate them in the first hour. I want to thank you for the recipe and welcome you to submit more!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

1:32 AM  
Blogger Hannelie said...

Thanks Chef Babs, I certainly will.
I am visiting alot now to get yummy stuff happening in my kitchen.
Congrats once again on the great idea!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous chef babs said...

hannelie, keep 'em coming ok. I love it and I believe everybody else does, too! This just might catch on once people know about it. Thanks!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home