Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, January 28, 2007

~Tom's Cheesy Bread~


This sounds, truly yummy. Nothin' says lovin' like hot bread and a nice bowl of soup, on a cold winters day. If it's cold where you are, I suggest, you treat yourself right and make this bread. My next post will be a nice recipe for a quick and easy soup recipe.


Babs, Here is my recipe, for you blog..I still haven't made the
meatballs...but they are on my list!! (-:
Tom
Tom's Crispy Crusty Cheese Bread
I've had a hankering for cheese bread for quite some time now.
Normally I'd get it at the bakery in our local supermarket, but they
stopped making it...Probably the Health Conscious shoppers are shying
away from bread, never mind combining cheese to it!
Personally I think happiness is a large part of feeling healthy and
damn it I want Cheese Bread or I won't be happy !!
I found a recipe and tweaked it a bit and have created this lovely
loaf.....it's great warm out of the oven or toasted with....BUTTER...
I call it Tom's Irish Cheese Bread but you can call it anything you
want..just enjoy it.
31/2 Cups flour
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Cups Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese (I use 2, you can use 1 1/2 it
just won't be as much fun)
1/2 TSP Salt
1/4 TSP Pepper
1 stick unsalted butter
1/4 Cup Milk
1 TBSP Active Dry Yeast (1pkg)
1/4 cup Warm water(105 degrees F)
3 TBSP Olive Oil
3 Eggs, beaten
1. Combine 2 cups flour, salt, pepper and cheeses in a large mixing bowl
2. Heat Butter and Milk to Warm (approx 105 degrees F)
3. Dissolve Yeast in 1/4 Warm Water (105 F) and set aside till frothy
4. Add Water Mix, Butter Mix, & Eggs to Flour & Cheese - - Mix Well
5. Add remaining flour, as needed, to form a soft dough. (I used it all)
6. Knead on well floured surface until smooth
7. Place in greased bowl, cover with plastic
8. Let it rise in warm place about One Hour or until doubled
9. Punch dough in center roll out on floured surface and knead for 3 minutes
10. Shape dough into loaf and place in buttered 9x5 loaf pan cover
with plastic wrap
11. Cover and let rise till doubled (About 30-45 mins)
12. Bake in Preheated Oven 30-40 mins. Check at 3o minutes
If you tap the bread and hear that hollow sound..It's ready to remove.
Take it out of the baking pan and let cool 30 minutes, slice and
eat...It's a Crispy Crusty Cheesy Delight..
Note you can substitute the Monterrey Jack with another cheese...I
just winged it and that's part of the fun!!
--
Visit and Comment on My Blogs
Just Click either link below

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home