Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, February 23, 2007

My "Insidious" Ice Cream Cake



I made an ice cream cake for my lil Sister's B'Day, just the other day. Truly, I'd never made one and it had been yers, since I'd even baked a cake. But this turned out so well, I have to share it with you.

1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
1 container Chocolate Frosting
1 pint Ice Cream

Directions;

The day before you make your cake or that morning, you should work with the ice cream. I allowed the ice cream to soften, about a half an hour. (You only want it to soften, not melt) I used a heart shaped, Teflon coated pan.I then put down saran wrap and pressed the ice cream into the shape of the cake pan. Try to evenly, smoothly press ice cream. Cover with more saran and place in freezer. I then, when I was ready to make my cake, lifted the ice cream, by the saran and replaced it on a flat plate and put it back in the freezer. Mix cake batter, as directed. I poured most of the batter into two pans and just a bit into cupcake tins so as to not waste it.
Once your cake has cooled completely. Place the bottom, on your cake plate and frost bottom half. Working quickly, pull off saran and carefully place ice cream on bottom of cake. Place the cake top over the ice cream and ice with the rest of frosting. Put the whole cake back in the freezer. If possible, allow it to relax or thaw a bit, 15-30 minutes, before serving.

Why did I call this "Insidious?" I had placed, cut up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, in the batter, prior to baking. I used cookie dough ice cream but you can use whatever flavor you'd prefer. If this cake had been for me, I'd have used Coffee Ice Cream. After I iced the cake, I put three pieces of Dove heart shaped candy, standing up in the middle. It was actually, impressive and tasted to die for!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home