Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Brocolli Cheese Rice Casserole ala Da Cat

Top Cat was kind enough to allow us to publish this recipe, after a wee bit of begging on my part, via email. I want to thank Top Cat for sharing this yummy recipe. I can't wait to make this myself...

I came across this, quite by accident but darn if it didn't make me hungry.

Cooking with da Cat


















Brocolli Cheese Rice Casserole


This makes a delicious sidedish and would make a perfect addition to any holiday meal.


Brocolli cheese rice casserole
1 cup of rice(uncooked yields 2 cups cooked)
1 large onion
1-2 stalk celery
1/2 to 3/4 head of fresh brocolli or 1 bag of frozen brocolli
1 bag of sharp cheddar cheese
5 slices of American cheese
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup

Cook rice
saute onion and celery in olive oil(do not overcook)
cook brocolli(I use the microwave to keep the nutrients in)
combine rice, sauteed vegetables, brocolli, cream of mushroom soup and cheese(I usually grate or dice the American cheese so it will melt evenly in the dish)
save enough shredded cheese to sprinkle on top
spray casserole dish with Pam(vegetable spray)
add all ingredients mixing them evenly
sprinkle remaining cheese on top
cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Side dish?? Woman, I'd just add a bit of pan fried chicken cubes in there and make it a meal! Mmmmm. Thanks for a great idea!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Babz said...

CS, don't ya just know it. I think I'm going to try this recipe out next month when our company comes. If you do it first, let me know. It makes me hungry just looking at the pic.

Kiss that X for me and big big hugz for you!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home